Taking Care Of Your Treat
Xclus Beauties! Once you purchase your extensions or wigs, I want to assure that you have some tips for keeping up with your investment.
b. Do this before extension or wig installation
1. Cut the bundle wraps from your extensions.
2. Unravel the hair from the circle or oval it's folded in.
3. Take one end of the extensions and match it up with the other (as if you were folding sheets).
4. Gently detangle the hair to make sure there aren't any tangles before wetting.
5. Fill a bowl or the sink with warm water.
6. Submerge the hair in the water to make sure it's fully saturated with water.
7. Shampoo the hair twice and condition it once with a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner.
8. When you rinse out the conditioner; rinse with cool water and until there aren’t any suds left. Rinsing the conditioner out is one of the most exclusive steps. If you do not rinse it well, any residue or traces of product left in the hair will result in STIFF and DULL hair.
9. Let your extensions hang dry or lay flat to air dry. DO NOT use a blow dryer in this stage.
10. Once your extensions are dry the hair is ready for installation.
c. Daily Hair Maintenance
1. I suggest that you comb your hair every morning with a paddle brush or wide tooth comb.
2. Gently brush your hair with a paddle brush starting from the ends and work your way up towards your scalp. Starting from the ends keeps the pressure off the weft area and is a good way to maintain the longevity of your extensions
3. Apply a non alcoholic hair serum for shine as needed. I suggest applying the serum to your palms first, using a nickel size amount. Than massage the serum between your palms and work it through the hair starting from the ends up to the scalp
d. Night Routine Maintenance
1. I suggest that you detangle your hair at night with a paddle brush or wide tooth comb
2. For curly hair DO NOT detangle dry hair, it will result in frizzy hair
3. Wrap your hair overnight as if you would your natural hair after a blow dry flat iron appointment at the salon (for straight and wavy hair)
4. For curly hair I suggest braiding your hair at night in a few big braids
5. Use a silk/satin scarf or bonnet to secure your hair
6. Never sleep on damp or wet hair. Doing so results in matting and a mildew smell
e. Curly Hair Maintenance
1. Co Wash curly hair in cool water using a cleansing sulfate free conditioner
2. Do not massage the hair while co washing
3. Rinse the hair thoroughly and make sure there aren't any suds in the sink
4. Apply a curl defining/curl control cream after co washing. This will stop frizzing, and prevent the hair from getting poofy. The cream locks in the curl.
5. Scrunch the hair gently to enhance the curls
6. Hang the hair to dry or lay it down, do not use a blow dryer
7. Once hair is installed, be sure to never comb or detangle the hair dry and lightly mist it with cool water in a spray bottle first
f. Color & Styling
I strongly recommend that you seek a professional to color or style your extensions to prevent any damage to your hair
g. Everything Lace
1. Laces are delicate and may be damaged easily, in the case you overprocess your knots in the bleaching process the hair will excessively shed as a result
2. Laces may be reused up to 5 times with proper maintenance, but are due to be replaced after several installations
3. Laces can melt if hot combed on too high of settings, creating holes in the lace
4. Laces can be patched, by cutting a piece of excess lace off and using an adhesive to patch the hole
5. If you aren't familiar with laces I suggest allowing a professional to install and maintenance them for you